While many firms offer patent acquisition, very few are equipped to rapidly identify the best available assets at any given time. Utilizing a proprietary database with valuation components, GTT can efficiently locate high value assets in a cost-effective manner. GTT’s Patent Acquisition Service achieves a variety of strategic goals for our corporate clients. GTT’s acquisition service ranges from identifying compelling asset acquisition opportunities to completing the transaction on our client’s behalf. Clients have contacted GTT to:
- rapidly develop or supplement their existing patent portfolio
- protect or strengthen their position in litigation
- increase freedom to operate relative to competitors
- support inbound/outbound licensing objectives
- satisfy essentiality requirements for patent pool admission
- accomplish industry or consortium related objectives
Our Patent Acquisition Service is a gated, milestone-based process providing a flexible solution to the client within a pre-defined and approved budget. GTT works closely with the client during each phase of the acquisition process. A client will often wish to remain anonymous when trying to bolster its patent portfolio and GTT can act as a representative in this process. In many instances the client is looking for GTT to contact the patent owner and establish valuation and appropriate terms for acquisition.